1980 Quarry Rd., Salford, PA 18957
PLEASE NOTE: While we are available most times for tours and shopping, please call ahead to make sure someone will be here. Try either Alex at 484-431-5587 or Sandy at 484-431-9305.
Also: Many GPS’s do not recognize our zip code. If that occurs, use Harleysville 19438. That should get you here.
If you haven’t visited our farm yet, you can take a video tour produced by Montco Happenings TV, in the comfort of your own home.
• The next Herd Health will be held on Sunday, May 5th at 4:30 p.m. If you have adopted an alpaca, it’s a great time to get some one-on-one with your animal.
• The alpacas are scheduled to be shorn on Thursday, May 2nd around 4 p.m. Call ahead if you are planning on attending. We could always use help bagging fiber and cleaning up. The shearer usually gives us a half hour to an hour notice as to when he will arrive. We request that we be his last stop of the day so those who work may be able to make it.
• We will be posting our 2019 events as soon as we can confirm dates.
Schuylkill River Trail Cleanup
On Sunday, April 7th, our 4-H club met for the first of three trail clean-ups as part of our Adopt-a-Trail program (notice our club logo on the sign in the background). We cut back encroaching vines, racked leaves and trimmed overhanging branches and did a bit of socializing in the process. It was a perfect day.
Each year the Pa. Farm Bureau sponsors an Ag Literacy Week in local schools to educate kids about where their food comes from. On March 13th, two of our 4-H kids read a book and led an activity with first graders in our local school district. They enjoyed the experience and the kids learned as well.
On July 10, 2018, Fox 29 visited our farm for a feature on our alpacas and 4-H Club.
We were featured at three time slots.
On June 8th we were featured in the Philadelphia Inquirer. Here is a video about the farm:
And here is a link to the story:
Adopt an Alpaca (or goat or sheep)
As a response to those people who love the animals but can’t own their own, we are offering an adoption program.
You can choose which alpaca you would like to adopt and for a fee of $25 you will receive the following:
- Updates on your alpaca’s health, weight and activities (such as shows it may enter or markets it might visit).
- A copy of your alpaca’s National ARI registry certificate.
- An alpaca finger puppet.
- Visitation rights. Give us a call when you would like to come out and see your alpaca. You can even take him or her for a walk.
- Help in the shearing of your alpaca and receive a sample of its his or her fiber.
The adoption program is valid for one year.
To choose your animal, you can look at them on our website. Just click Our Girls and Our Boys to see all of the alpacas or come to the farm and choose one in person. If you are interested, please give us a call, click on the red link below, fill out the application and send it to us, along with a check made out to LLCAF. If you prefer to pay through PayPal, go to our Farm Store (price there is $30). When we receive the notice of payment, we will send you the materials.